Paneer is a fresh cheese common in South Asia, especially in Indian, Pakistani, Afghan, Nepali, Sri Lankan, and Bangladeshi cuisines. It is an un-aged, acid-set, non-melting farmer cheese or curd cheese made by curdling heated milk with lemon juice, vinegar, or any other food acids.
Here is an awesome moth watering recipe of paneer that is Paneer Roll, which can be made as evening mild food. Yummy homemade paneer roll in minutes. Making family happy becomes easy with healthy yummy delicious mouthwatering food at home.
Paneer Roll Recipe
|Preparation time: 25 minutes|
|Ingredients: 1 cup = 250 ml
1 cup maida/all purpose flour
|Chopping and cutting:|
Method to make Paneer Roll with step by step photos:
- First let us prepare the dough for roti pour the all purpose flour/maida, salt, and coconut oil(I used extra virgin coconut oil) into a bowl and mix the ingredients together… Stir the mixture until it’s soft and supple… Add the remaining water slowly, stirring until it’s fully combined… Keep the dough for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the frying pan on the medium to low flame. Pour 2 tablespoon of coconut oil or any other edible vegetable oil. I used extra virgin coconut oil.
- When oil gets hot enough add garlic and stir for 2 minutes until garlic gets slightly brown color.
- After that add finely chopped ginger to it. Stir for 2 minutes.
- After frying ginger for 2 minutes, add chopped green chilies to it. Keep stirring constantly, don’t let it burn.
- Fry green chilies for a minute and add finely chopped onion to it. Keep stirring.
- Continue stirring until onion gets slight brown color.
- Then add chopped tomatoes to it and fry for 5 to 6 minutes till tomatoes gets fully smashed.
- Once the tomatoes gets fully smashed , add all the spice powders in the mentioned in the ingredients such as red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and continue stirring for 6 to 7 minutes in a low flame.
- Add paneer cubes to the masala. Remember after adding paneer to the masala it is enough to cook 2 to 3 minutes. Otherwise paneer cubes gets harder and looses its taste.
- Add salt as required and then finally garnish it with coriander leaves.
- After cooking masala, let us do roti to make Paneer Roll.
- Place the tawa on flame at medium to low flame. Fry the roti’s on both the sides.
Then place the paneer masala in the centre of roti and top it with onion slices.
- Start rolling the sides of roti.
- Here is your yummy delicious homemade Paneer roll