Sesame seed is one of the most ancient foods on Earth. Sesame plants are the oldest known plant species, there are genus of approximately 20 species in the flowering plant family Pedaliaceae. The plants are annual or perennial herbs with edible seeds. These plants are primarily grown for their seeds in order to extract oil rather than for their leaves, fruit or vegetables.
India produces a wide variety of Sesame seeds varying in color from white to red to black.
- The white and black Indian Sesame seeds are mainly used for direct consumption by its addition in several foods and for exports.
- The brown Indian Sesame seeds are mainly used for oil extraction.
- The white Indian Sesame seeds have used for making sweets, baked foods and many more as it has the nutty taste.
- The black Indian Sesame seeds are used for seasoning and for fries.
Health Benefits of Sesame:
Sesame seeds can b easily called as beauty agents which improves your skin and hair growth from the day one. One can easily feel the differences of using sesame seeds as it strengthens muscle tissue, hair, and skin.
This can reduce conditions like constipation, also diarrhea, protects the health of your colon and reduces the chances of gastrointestinal diseases and cancer.
Manages Blood Sugar:
It regulates the insulin and glucose levels in the body, thereby helps to manage the symptoms of diabetes.
Manages Blood pressure:
These sesame seeds hypertension also reduces the strain on your cardiovascular system.
Reduces Sleeping disorders:
Yes! Sesame seeds are one of the best food which helps to come out of sleeping disorders. To have great sleep have some sesame seeds in your daily food.
Easiest Way to Consume Sesame Seeds:
Sesame seeds are very healthy, which is one of the reasons they are so popular. Indians are using these sesame seeds in their food from ancient days.
Sesame seeds can be used in a variety of ways, either added as a sprinkled topping on salads or stews, mixed into bread, ground into a thin paste or even blended into a powder and mixed with various smoothies.
Recipe of Sesame Seeds juice/ Yellu Paniya
|Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Powdering sesame seeds and sugar together makes the powder non-sticky.
- You can keep this powder in an air tightening box for a week for instant sesame juice.